Disorderly conduct refers to behavior that either disturbs the peace or endangers safety. If you have been accused of disorderly conduct, it is important to hire an attorney with criminal defense experience and a passion for defending your rights. At Villanueva Skura Attorneys at Law, our Chandler disorderly conduct lawyer provides personal attention to every case, regardless of the size or severity of the charges.
Learn about your legal options in a free consultation. Call for an appointment.
Actions Resulting in Disorderly Conduct Charges
Unlike many other crimes, disorderly conduct is not one specific action. These charges can arise out of a wide variety of situations. In some cases, disorderly conduct is charged along with assault and domestic violence crimes.
An individual may be charged with disorderly conduct for:
- Fighting, disruptive, or violent behavior
- Making unreasonable noise
- The use of abusive or offensive language or gestures to provoke immediate physical retaliation
- Disrupting a business meeting or gathering
- Recklessly handling or discharging a deadly weapon or dangerous object
- Refusing to obey a lawful order to disperse for public safety reasons
When any of the above actions are combined with the use of a deadly weapon or dangerous object, the charges can be elevated to either a Class 1 misdemeanor or Class 6 felony. If convicted, you could be facing between 6 months and 2 years in prison and other punishments, as determined by the court. It is important to hire a competent lawyer with specific experience in this area of law.
Establishing an Effective Defense Strategy
Our disorderly conduct attorney in Chandler begins by listening to your take on the event